December 09, 2021
New in Ed Controls
Welcome to the update of new features in Ed Controls. In this edition:
- Working securely with two-factor authentication (2FA)
- An overview of smaller updates
- Have you already taken a free online training course?
Working securely with two-factor authentication (2FA)
We feel it is very important that all accounts in Ed Controls are, and remain, secure. For that, we have two-factor authentication (2FA), which has been available in Ed Controls for a while.
2FA is an additional security feature. With 2FA, you don’t just log in with a password, you also need an authentication code. This way, your account is protected even if your password is cracked.
2FA has been possible in Ed Controls for some time. Do you want to turn it on? Read how here.
New in two-factor authentication (2FA) from Ed Controls
In a new update, we are making it even easier to work in this safe way. We do this by:
- Making it more user-friendly to enter the 2FA code
- The 2FA code remains valid for 30 days on a single device
An overview of smaller updates
Recently, there have been fewer updates that are visible to you, the user. However, much has happened “under the hood,” for example, improving security and privacy. In addition, the following smaller updates were realized:
- Less white space in .pdfs.
- User can edit their own logo and project image.
- Direct registration from the iOS app has been added.
- User gets a hint when using weak password.
- The text field “description” in audits and tickets will automatically increase in size if the text is longer than one sentence.
If you have questions about any of these points, please contact our support team.
Have you already taken a free online training course?
We are constantly working to improve Ed Controls and ease of use is the starting point, but sometimes it is nice to have a step-by-step explanation of how something works. Successful Starter and Pro training sessions took place in recent years. Were you unable to attend? We regularly organize new free trainings. A few spots are still available for these trainings:
- Online Starter Training
(January 11, February 8, March 8, April 12, May 10 and June 14)
This training is for anyone who is going to start using Ed Controls, or has just started and still has questions.
- Online Pro Training
(February 1, April 5 and June 7)
You’ve been using Ed Controls for a while, but want to get more out of the software. After this training you will be able to use Ed Controls even smarter and work with audits.