To establish a connection between your Ed Controls Project and DigiOffice, you will require the following:
- Active Ed Controls license “Expert” for an Ed Controls Project;
- At least the Admin role for the contract or the Accountable role in a project to set up the connection. Note that a work planner who has to establish the link cannot therefore be a Support. Then he won’t have access to “the pen” of the project settings in Ed Controls;
- Active subscription to DigiOffice Gateway.
Since the DigiOffice Online account is shared among all
users of your project, we recommend setting up a service account, on this
way you avoid service disruption when you have the user sometime in the future
in DigiOffice removes or invalidates.
Follow the steps below to set up the connection:
To establish a connection, navigate to the project settings on the Ed Controls web interface and click on the pencil icon (1).
Click on the “plus” sign (2) next to “Connections to other systems” and select DigiOffice, click Apply(3). If you click on the “Set up Connection” link (4), you will be redirected to the link setting screen. Click again on “Setup connection” (1):
Log in here with your known DigiOffice credentials:
Once everything is successful, you need to select the DigiOffice project that you want to connect Ed Controls to. You do that via “Edit”:
Then you fill out (part of) the DigiOffice project. After selecting the project, you can link it. When linked, it looks like this:
The connection is now set up, but no files are synchronized yet. To do this, proceed to step 2.
Via “Browse files” you can select the folders/drawings that you want to move from DigiOffice to Ed Controls and which you also want to synchronize later when there are updates.
Below is an impression of what the DigiOffice interface looks like. On the left side of this screen you will see the list of files that are in the Sites and/or Libraries that you have access to in DigiOffice. On the right site you can see the
See groups that are in the project in Ed Controls. At the bottom you can see the active connections between DigiOffice and Ed Controls and their status.
To create a new connection, you can drag and drop a folder (or file) from the left site to the right site of the screen (1), once you do this, all files from the source folder will be copied to the target in Ed Controls.
There are two ways to create a folder structure in conjunction with the SharePoint link:
- Create the groups first in the project in Ed Controls and then populate them from the SharePoint environment described above (drag from DigiOffice to the group in Ed Controls);
- Create the folders in Ed Controls through the DigiOffice connector. On the left side, filter only “drawings” and select the folder at the top. (see image below). The moment you drag this folder to the right containing all the subfolders, the folders containing the drawings are created in Ed Controls.
In this image see the following:
At (1) you can see that we made the selection to want to synchronize only the Drawings. At (2), you can see that we have a folder of the Building Numbers where the other building numbers are underneath as folders (3). Next, therefore, (2) and not (3) is dragged to the right (4). At that point, folders are created in Ed Controls for the specific building numbers and from that point on, the drawings are pushed or synchronized to Ed Controls.
If you want to disconnect later or access the DigiOffice connector at a later time,
then you can do so through the project settings.
Click on “Edit the connection” (1) and adjust the settings in DigiOffice.
To disconnect click on the “Remove link” icon.