The available data in the Ed Controls Dashboard can be used to analyse tickets. Currently, ‘New Tickets’ can be analysed. Here’s how it goes.
- Log into Ed Controls via web.edcontrols.com;
- Click on Dashboard on the right side of the screen;
- In the Tickets bar, click the ‘New Tickets’ tile;
- The dates related to new tickets in the selected period will now be displayed.
What can I do with this data?
Under the ‘New Tickets’ tile you can analyse questions related to new tickets.
Consider the following questions:
- Do people create enough tickets?
This can be seen by the number of (yellow) tickets created. More tickets means more proof of results in Ed Controls. Why do some people create more tickets than others?
- A project is approaching the deadline. Will we deliver on time?
The number of open tickets in combination with the lead time is a good indicator of the time needed to deliver the project. The lead time is the time it takes to complete a ticket.
- Am I satisfied with the average time it takes to complete a task?
The lead time shows how long it takes on average to complete a ticket.
- How many more tasks have to be performed by subcontractor X?
A higher number of tickets on a project could be a reason to talk to the subcontractor. It may also be a reason to trace the origin of those tickets.
- How is an Accountable performing?
Filter by Accountable and you can see an individual’s performance on certain projects. Look for New Tickets in each status. Are people in this role creating a sufficient number of tickets? Are the tickets following the workflow?